Michelle Zellner: Owner & Founder
Better Beings is the name I came up with for my personal training business 19 years ago. I fell into personal training by accident, working at a gym while going to graduate school for my Masters Degree in Kinesiology. I quickly discovered that this service encompassed everything I loved - fitness, nutrition and psychology. While initially my focus was personal training and nutrition counseling, my services have expanded to now include wellness education, grocery store tours, and “kitchen” makeovers.
Better Minds + Better Bodies = Better Beings
What makes me an “expert” on any of this? Well, my education certainly; but more importantly, the experiences I’ve had both personally and professionally, have helped shape my philosophy on wellness. I am truly passionate about educating and empowering people. My strength lies in the ability to help people identify and overcome obstacles which may be preventing them from achieving their own version of wellness. Anyone can teach the basics of exercise and nutrition. Relating to, and engaging with people on their journey is what makes Better Beings unique.
Michelle Zellner - Degrees & Experience:
• BA Psychology University of Hawaii 1995
• MS Kinesiology University of Colorado-Boulder 1998
• Personal Trainer certified through the American Council on Exercise
• Over 19 years of experience in the Health and Fitness industry
• Wellness Educator on all health, fitness, and wellness related topics
• Presented over 200 times at companies of all sizes
• Partnered with Cigna and the American Heart Association for the GO Red for a BetterU program 2012
• Provide in-home personal training to people with goals including weight loss, injury rehab, sports preparation, and health maintenance